Learn about the unique flavors of the city by taking a stroll through Hanoi’s ancient quarter with a local guide. Try some fruit, street food, and regional specialties.
Time departure: beginning at either 11.30 for lunch or 18.30 for dinner.
(If your lodging is outside of the Old Quarter, pick-up time may be earlier. Pickup times for tours should be at 11.30 for lunch and 18.30 for dinner, or as per your desire.)
• Learn about Vietnamese cooking from a local expert 10 or more delectable dishes
• Learn about some of the top tiny eateries in the Old Quarter
• Learn to prepare some real foods
• Investigate the back alleys and secret spots
Know before you go:
• The tour will end when your belly is full
• Special menus are available for vegetarians or those with food allergies
• You will get a refund if you are not happy at the end of the tour
Before the tour, our experienced guide will greet you at the meeting location (or your hotel) and provide you with a brief orientation. The guide will tell you everything you need to know in order to have a fantastic trip, and then we’ll set off on our adventure. Three aspects of the trip will be discussed.
Hanoi Old Quarter Backstreet
We’ll walk through a maze of passageways only locals know about, make introductions, and learn about the behind-the-scenes stories.
– Going through the labyrinth of zigzagging backstreets, narrow alleyways, and markets.
– Traveling with all of your senses on high alert: observing, hearing, touching, tasting, smelling.
– Experiencing various slides of life behind the scenes, the hidden part of the iceberg, and the unknown parts.
– Getting to know people where they live, work, study, and pray.
– Personal connections and cultural exchanges are being formed.
Hanoi Streetside Restaurants
Some of the most popular food in Vietnam is the street-food, which tends to be authentic and traditional Vietnamese staples. You are unlikely to find a burger van here, but there are many locals making banh mi, pho, and Vietnamese pancakes. The street food is always very affordable and easy to come by, especially in the busier areas of town.
Alongside healthy and savory meals, you can find food vendors selling desserts such as ice cream, rice puddings, and baked goods.
Pho (beef/chicken noodle), Bun Cha (Grilled Pork With Noodle), Banh Mi (Vietnamese Bread), Banh Cuon (Steamed Rice Pancake), Banh Xeo (Fried Rice Pancake), Nom Bo Kho (Green Papaya Salad With Dried Beef), Thit Xien Nuong (Street Pork Barbeque), Banh Ran Ngot (Sweet Rice Donut), Che (Vietnamese Dessert), Ca Phe Trung (Egg Coffee).
Available on both Gaz69 Jeep and Vintage Minsk Motorbike Tours Time Departures: Morning: 08:00 – 12.30 Afternoon: 12.30 – 17:00 Overview This trip is for individuals who enjoy the outdoors and want to learn more about Vietnamese culture outside of the city. […]
Available on both Gaz69 Jeep or Vintage Minsk Motorbike Tours Overview Our knowledgeable local guide will provide you with a personal touch and local cuisine, as well as local culture from the famed Gaz69 and a vintage Minsk motorcycle. You’ve […]
Time Departures: Morning: 08:00 – 12:00 Afternoon: 12:30 – 16:30 Evening: 17:00 – 21:30. Overview There are numerous ways to explore the city; however, one of the best is to do so in an open-air war-time Jeep car. All you have to do […]
Overview: Come along on an eco-friendly, thrilling, and enjoyable tour as we explore unexplored areas of Hanoi and the Red River Delta. Experience Real Local Life as we bicycle along picturesque streets lined with trees, past some of the major […]
(+84) 976.788.488 - (+84) 822.588.599
Suite 109 ATS Hotel, No. 33B Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
International Tour Operator License No.: 01-1861/2022/TCDL-GP LHQT